Change font size:


You will understand that our priorities are providing help for people who are having difficulties with washing, dressing, getting around and feeding themselves properly.

If you feel that you can manage these tasks but need help with things like housework, cleaning and food shopping, you could contact Care Network.  They have a range of quality assured cleaning and shopping services designed to help vulnerable adults to continue living independently in their own home.

If you are not able to get out and about, they will visit you in your own home and give you advice about the services you may need and help to arrange them for you. Their advice and the visit are free but there will be a charge for any services you receive.

Care Network

Care Network is a registered charity that supports people in Blackburn with Darwen to live independently by referring them onto a range of quality assured services including a range of cleaning and assisted shopping services.  Their customers include older people, people with a disability and those who care for someone at home, but adults of all ages needing support to live independently can access their services.

Care Network ensures that all their providers:

  • Undertake CRB (criminal records bureau) checks
  • Provide references
  • Have the relevant qualifications
  • Have adequate insurance

So that you can have peace of mind.

Their cleaning services include:

  • General cleaning service
  • Laundry service
  • Ironing service
  • Power washing
  • Window cleaning
  • Oven cleaning

New services are being developed all the time, please call them to see if they can help you.

All of their providers will either have published prices or will supply a free written estimate.  A list of current prices is available from the Care Network helpdesk or from their website.

Care Network
Address: 1st Floor, Blackburn Central Library, Town Hall Street, Blackburn, BB2 1AG
Phone: 01254 507255


Other ways to get help

There are also a number of agencies in Blackburn with Darwen that can provide staff to help you in your own home but they will charge for this service.  Remember to take care to choose one that is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). 

List of registered care agencies


Or the 'NHS Choices' website can help you find a care worker, and you can also check the care agency's Care Quality Commission report on the website too.  Visit the NHS Choices website.

Or you could employ your own personal assistant.  The Self Directed Support Team can help you with this.

Alternatively, if you qualify for a care package from adult social care, you could also arrange your own support using 'self directed support'. 

You can contact any of the organisations direct but if you are still unsure the Adult Social Care Team will be able to advise you. You can contact them from 8.45am to 5pm, Monday to Friday on (01254) 587547.

image of lady doing housework