Change font size:

What is available?

If you are having problems preparing food and drinks, even with help of equipment, you may need help from a care worker. 

Someone to help you prepare meals

If you need help preparing a meal, or simply want someone to make a sandwich for you or warm some soup up Care Network can put you in touch with a home care provider who can do this for you.

Care Network
Address: 1st Floor, Blackburn Central Library, Town Hall Street, Blackburn, BB2 1AG
Phone: 01254 507255

You could also make your own arrangements for a care worker from a private home care agency to help you. If you do this remember to take care to choose one that is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

You can view a list of care agencies in Blackburn with Darwen that are registered with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council:

List of registered care agencies


Or the 'NHS Choices' website can help you find a care worker, and you can also check the care agency's Care Quality Commission report on the website too.  Visit the NHS Choices website.

Or you could employ your own personal assistant.  The Self Directed Support Team can help you with this.

image of two people